Mansplaining is a great term to use because:
- no woman is ever overbearing or condescending or domineering in her speech, especially toward her spouse.
- our speech should always include some word that belittles a gender, race, or identity.
- the word gives great insight into how people who describe themselves as open-minded and progressive actually are.
- it is used by those who automatically expect agreement and sympathy when they say a word offends them, and so by using it yourself, you automatically gain the right to scream at people how much the word offends you.
- no true progress can be made in gender equality if we fail to adhere to the tried-and-true practice of sexual stereotypes.